Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

SORRY MOM ZINE SUBMISSION/FIVERR RANT

SUBMISSION FOR A ZINE MY FRIEND MEGAN IS MAKING CALLED "SORRY MOM"

I'VE BEEN WATCHING A LOT OF ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK

THUS, THE ABOVE IMAGE WAS CREATED.

NEXT,

I'M
QUITTING
FIVERR

IT'S A HORRIBLE VERITABLE SLAVE-TRADE OPERATION THAT DISRESPECTS AND UNDERVALUES ARTISTS AND THIER WORK.

DON'T USE IT.
IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DRAWN, PLEASE PLEASE COMMISSION THE ARTIST DIRECTLY, AND THEY'LL CHARGE A DECENT, RESPECTFUL PRICE.

FIVERR PERPETUATES THE IDEA THAT ILLUSTRATIONS ARE PAUDRY HOBBYEST VENTURES SOLD FOR A NICKEL AT A CRAFT FAIR.

SOME OF US ARE SERIOUS, AND DON'T NEED INSANE EXPECTATIONS FOR LITTLE REWARD.

FIVERR ALLOWS WORK TO BE "REJECTED" IF THE BUYER HAS THE SLIGHTEST PROBLEM WITH IT, OR JUST DECIDES THEY DON'T WANT IT OR NEED IT ANYMORE.
REGARDLESS OF IF YOU MET THEIR ORDER.

BASICALLY, THROWING YOUR EFFORT IN THE TRASH.
NO TERMINATION FEE COLLECTED.

IN OTHER WORDS, UNETHICAL CONDUCT.

NEXT, ON ONE OCCASION, I WAS BLACKMAILED WITH A BAD REVIEW.

THE BUYER SAID HE WOULD REMOVE THE BAD REVIEW IF I DID ADDITIONAL WORK FOR HIM.
FOR FREE.

FIVERR PROTECT THE BUYER, NOT THE SELLER.

IN YET ANOTHER INSTANCE, A BUYER GAVE ME A BAD REVIEW BECAUSE I WOULDN'T DO MORE THAN A PORTRAIT (WHICH IS WHAT MY "GIG" WAS)  WITHOUT EXACTING MORE PAYMENT.

THUS LOWERING MY RATING, WHICH IS HOW THE FIVERR GODS DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD GET PAID MORE.

BASICALLY, ITS A TERRIBLE DISRESPECTFUL PLACE. USING IT ONLY DEVALUES YOUR WORK AND ALL OTHER'S WORKING IN YOUR FIELD.
 IF YOUR WORK IS ANY GOOD AT ALL, STAY AWAY.

RANT COMPLETED.

IN ADDITTION

A COMMENT CAN BE READ BELOW FROM ONE SUCH CUSTOMER WHO WAS UPSET I QUIT FIVERR AND SAUGHT ME OUT TO MAKE ME FEEL GUILTY. 

FIVERR RULEZ





3 comments:

  1. I was one of the buyers who got left in the lurch. I get it. It's cheap, most of the stuff on there is mediocre but hey, it's $5. On the other hand I sent you a message back with much of what I'm going to suggest here. Maybe consider using Fiverr a little differently. Clearly describe what rights you retain over your work for the $5 fee. Don't give away the whole right to your work. Embed a signature watermark and copyright notice. Treat the entry level offering as a sample. Low-rez, watermarked, no copyright transfer. That way you can still publicize your work through Fiverr and get some side work that has a better potential for coming closer to your actual perceived worth. Just sending the message back to me that "sorry for the inconvenience but i am quitting fiverr. my work is worth more than $5 if you would still like to commission me at a fair price contact me" really annoyed me because, while I know Fiverr is dirt cheap you make the assumption that I'm just another shitty customer who's going to blackmail you with a bad review. I didn't post your work for $5. I don't deserve to be spit on either. I have no idea how to value your work but I like your style. At least meet your potential customers halfway. Saying something like "Hey, $5 is unsustainable for me and I've been losing money badly, this isn't working. I really value my level of work at $X and here's how we can do this..." would be 1000% better than the rant I saw in my inbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do not wish to use fiverr for the above reasons. i told you how a fair price is decided, which you asked me to do.

    i have done nothing wrong. you got your money back and continue to defame and abuse me for my decision.

    a good customer is a respectful one, in my book

    i will not work for you.


    please leave me alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her work is worth more to her than you are willing to pay. I agree. How is a talented and hardworking artist like this going to make a living at $5 a piece? She is under no obligation to work for next to nothing.

    ReplyDelete